Celebrate ...


This CAS card was created for the current CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #62 ~ Back in Black.  I really love that song so thank you for bringing back some fond memories.


I used the sketch from Waltzingmouse Challenge #107 and just realized that I need to use one of their stamps to submit for their challenges.  They offer a couple Free Digital stamps, so I will have to revisit this challenge before Friday. ;o)


When I saw this sketch I knew it was time to pull out the stamp set  I won from CAS-ual Friday's 1-yr Anniversary.  We have Savor Sweet Cupcakes from Simon Says Stamp which I paper pieced.  I figured this card can be used for either a birthday or celebration for a promotion or a new job.  Will probably end up being a birthday card.

Until next time ... Enjoy!

Ruza

Other products used ... Black Paper from my stash, A Muse Studio Lemon Whip cardstock, Bazzill and Neenah Solar White scraps, Charcoal Twine from The Twinery, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink from Tim Holtz, Dauber, Craft - Mini & Micro Glue Dots, 3D Foam Square and my trusty ATG.

Comments

Jovan said…
Wonderful card!
Shelby said…
Love your take on the sketch and the yellow makes the card!

Shelby
Kim Kelley said…
What a sweet card. Love the yellow with the black!Hugs!
Deb said…
Fabulous job with the sketch and using black! Adorable image. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!
Virginia L. said…
You nailed the challenges!! I love the yellow that you chose as it is perfect to making a cohesive design! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Lynn said…
Super cute! love your card! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!