Happy Bark-day

Updated 03/03/2011 ... go to end of post for update

Good morning and Happy Friday to all!  Today I will be posting two cards I created yesterday.  The first card was created for the The Paper Players Challenge #35 --- A Sketch



The dog and sentiment are one of the Birthday Buddies from Paper Smoochers.  I paper pierced the hat, and only colored the spots and tail with my E29 copic marker, and the tongue with copic R29.  The PP is from DCWV's The Pets Stack, with the balance being various Bazzill cardstock.  The extra dogs are actually buttons from the Favorite Finding Furry Friends pack.  I cut the button loop off the back, sanded it down and used a 1/2" 3-D Pop Glue Dot to attach it the card.  I cut one glue dot in half and used it for both dogs.  The gems are from Darice.

Here’s to hoping that my interpretation of the sketch provides you with some inspiration to go forth and create!

Thank you for stopping by.


Update ...
   Paper Smooches has a contest going on right now for the chance to become a Guess Designer.   This will be the first entry that I submit for the contest.  Good Luck to all who join in on the contest!

Comments

Ann Schach said…
Aw...this is too cute! I love the dog image, and how you accented with the dog buttons! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!
jaydee said…
Cute. Cute. Cute!!!! This card made me smile! I love what you did with the sketch and your paper piecing is just perfect. It helps to really tie the two sides of the card together and draw attention to the little dog!
Wonderful.
So pleased you joined the Paper Players again this week, Ruza
Jaydee
Kerin said…
Oh how sweet!! Love that little cutie, and the dsp is a fabulous match! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week :)
Lesley said…
Super darling! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week! I just love dogs!!
Carla said…
My fav!!! Makes me think of my Yogi!!! You made me smile today!!! Love your card. Hugs,